Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sunshine Tag

I was tagged by my sister Hope for this Sunshine Tag, where I'm supposed to list seven random facts about myself. Well, here goes!

1. I recently changed my blog name from Joy's Country Kitchen to Joy's Country Kitchen and Diary (the URL link is still the same).

2. I love to bake artisan bread recipes out of The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg, M.D., and Zoe Francois, and I recently discovered the joys of using a pizza stone to get yummier and crustier bread.

3. I am endeavoring to learn French by using a free program called DuoLingo. It's such a beautiful language, and I look forward to being able to speak it fluently.

4. I LOVE the ITV show Downton Abbey!!! I love all period drama, and the story of an aristocratic family in Yorkshire in the early 1900's to the 1920's is truly fascinating. The show follows the lives of the Crawleys that live at Downton Abbey, and the stories of the servants downstairs. The final season is currently showing, which is kind of sad, but at the same time I'm happy because everyone is finally getting a happy ending.

5. I don't really have many "heroes" or "role models" in my life, but two people that I admire very much are Audrey Hepburn (see my Tribute to Audrey Hepburn), and Monty Roberts, a very unique and extremely talented horseman.

6. My whole life, I've never cared much for any popular singers, but recently I've really started to like Josh Groban. He has such a wonderful voice and I really like the fact that his songs are always clean. I don't care for all of them, but he doesn't sing anything inappropriate. I have a few of his CDs, and a few of my favorite songs by him are In Her Eyes, You Are Loved (Don't Give Up), and Brave.

7. Ok, last fact! I love horses, and I am currently working at a therapeutic riding center called Magical Meadows. I've worked there about a year now, and once February hits the classes will start again. I've learned a lot from Magical Meadows, and I can't wait to return there.

I think I'm supposed to tag a friend, so I'm tagging my friend Keturah!

No comments:

Post a Comment